Big data as we know is a term that refers to the gigantic data sets that have been collected from various sources. These data sets because of their size are impossible to process manually and that is why there are a variety of databases and tools to assist with the evaluation step.
When we talk about big data, we know that it covers both structured and unstructured information and that is why it plays an important part in gaining crucial insights from people, processes, and things. There is no doubt over the fact that these passing years have led to the growth in the volume of data. And the velocity is also growing in parallel.
Did you know?
- Poor data quality can cost the US economy as much as $3.1 trillion a year.
- According to experts, 463 exabyte of data will be created each day by 2025, which would be equivalent to around 212,765957 DVDs.
- The value of big data analytics market will reach $103 billion by 2027.
- 2% of the organizations have started to invest in AI and big data.
Let’s take a good look at the Top 5 Big Data Certifications and their details.
IBM Big Data Certifications:
The IBM data certifications consist of the following;
IBM Certified Big Data Engineer (Exam Code = C2090-101)
This IBM Certified Data Engineer – Big Data exam proves that a candidate has the fundamental knowledge and as well as proven skills in the area of IBM Big Data Engineer. This type of certification is usually for all those individuals who wish to build their career in IBM and Data AI-Platform Analytics domain.
- The duration of this exam is 75 minutes.
- During this time, a candidate has to solve 53 questions.
- The passing score is 64%.
- The price of this exam is $200.
- Data Loading
- Data Security
- Architecture and Integration
- Performance and Scalability
- Data Preparation, Transformation, and Export
And many more.
IBM Certified Big Data Architect (Exam Code = C2090-102)
The IBM Certified Big Data Architect exam confirms that a candidate has a deep knowledge of the relevant technologies and possesses a good understanding of the relationship between those technologies. Passing this exam is a proof that the individual can design any kind of large-scale data processing system for enterprises. Similarly, a big data architect certified also possesses the ability to understand the complexity of data and design systems and models for handling a different variety of data. You might also be interested in Best Paying Data Science Jobs and Desired Skills.
- The duration of this exam is 90 minutes.
- The total number of questions in this exam is 55.
- The passing score of this exam is 60%.
- The price of this exam is $200.
- Cloud Pak for Data Architecture Configuration.
- Build Data Science algorithms.
- Machine Learning Operations.
- Data Governance.
- Integration, Implementation, Deployment, and Scaling.
SAS Big Data Professional Certification
SAS Big Data Preparation, Statistics, and Visual Exploration (Exam Code = A00-220)
This SAS Big Data Preparation, Statistics, and Visual Exploration exam is a globally recognized certification that validates SAS Big Data Professional knowledge. With this certification, you get to prove SAS big data skills and stand tall in the crowd.
- The duration of this exam is 110 minutes.
- The number of questions in this exam is 55 to 60.
- Similarly, the passing score is 67%.
- And the exam price is $180.
- Navigating within the data management studio interface.
- Creating and exploring a data profile.
- Designing the data standardization schemes.
- Creating data jobs.
- Applying parsing definitions.
- Applying a standardization definition and scheme.
- Creating an entity resolution job.
And many others.
SAS Big Data Programming and Loading (Exam Code = A00-221)
This SAS big data programming and loading certification validate SAS big data professional knowledge. With this certification, you get the skills required to make a difference in your organization and secure a great career for yourself.
- The duration of this exam is 105 minutes.
- There are 60-65 multiple choice questions in the exam.
- A minimum score of 68% is required to pass the exam.
- The exam fee is $180.
- Understanding the baseline requirements for interacting with Hadoop.
- Setting the Hadoop procedure.
- Query and managing the Hive tables which are stored in Hadoop using explicit SQL pass-through.
- Writing a LIBNAME statement to access hive tables.
- Writing DS2 programs.
- Working with variables and arrays and ANSI SQL data types.
- Working with methods, packages, and threads.
- Describing the entire Hadoop architecture.
MongoDB Certified Developer Associate Exam (Exam Code = C100DEV)
This associate-level exam validates one’s knowledge of the fundamentals of designing and building a variety of applications through MongoDB. The MongoDB certified developer associate exam is for those or specifically software engineers who have a good understanding of what MongoDB is.
- The duration of this exam is 60 minutes.
- There are 60 multiple choice questions in the exam.
- The passing score is 80%.
- The cost of the exam is $150.
- Philosophy & Features
- Server Tools & Server Engines
- Aggregation Framework
- Indexes and Performance
- Data Modelling
The above big data certifications are inevitably the best and can help you start a great career for yourself in big data field. Therefore, these certifications must be taken into consideration if you are interested in big data.