To make the learning experience for students even better, San Jose State University(SJSU) uses a very effective and meticulously designed by Learning Management System (LMS) which is known as SJSU Canvas by In structure. Canvas has a very clean and intuitive user interface not like Moodle. That features drag and drop usability and offers a comprehensive grading tool. With that, it also allows the students and as well as the faculty to configure their notification option so that they can integrate with services like Twitter, Facebook, text messaging, and more. Thus we can say that with Canvas, both learning and teaching has become more fun than ever. Take This Course team provides all information about SJSU Degrees and Courses and list down 9 SJSU Degrees and Courses.
- How to Log In to Canvas
- How to Set Up your Canvas e-Portfolio
- Features of Canvas
- How to view the Canvas Course Index
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Thoughts
How to log in to SJSU Canvas:
If you wish to log in to Canvas then click here.
A page will appear in front of you where you have to enter your login id and password.
How to set up your SJSU Canvas e-Portfolio?
The following steps have to be followed to set up your SJSU Canvas e-Portfolio.
- First, you have to go to user settings.
- Then in the global navigation, you need to click the account link and then the e-Portfolios link.
- After that, you need to click on the “Create an e-Portfolio” button.
- Clicking on this option will lead you to a page where you have to name your e-Portfolio by typing whatever the name you like in the e-Portfolio Name field.
- Similarly, in the next step, you have to decide whether or not you’d like to keep your e-Portfolio public. You can also change this setting in the future.
- After completing all these steps, just click on the Make e-Portfolio button, and Voila, your e-Portfolio has been made.
- As soon as you’re done making the e-Portfolio, you’ll get to see a variety of options for adding content to your portfolio. For that, you can click here to get a look at the steps to add content.
- You can also organize your portfolio however you like and add different sections and pages. With that, you are also allowed to set permissions to generate a URL that you can share with your e-Portfolio advisor to provide access to your work. Thus as a student, you can easily create your e-Portfolio and add whatever content you like.
Features of Canvas:
With SJSU Canvas, you get access to a variety of things including:
- Guide to using global navigation menu as a student.
- How to use the course home page as a student.
- Similarly, how you can use the dashboard as a student.
- With that, you also get details about how to use the to-do list for all your courses in the list view dashboard as a student.
- Then comes instructions regarding how you can view and submit your assignment.
- In addition, you also get access to your grades on a particular assignment.
- Next comes access to different quizzes where detailed instructions are given about how you can view a quiz.
- Then you’ll know about how to take a quiz and what is the right way to answer the different types of questions in a quiz.
- Furthermore, you also get the option to view your results of the quiz.
- Now coming towards another feature that Canvas offers, which is the participation in different discussion groups. With canvas, you get to participate in different discussion groups and talk to your peers and share your opinion with them.
How to view the SJSU Canvas Course Index:
If you wish to view the canvas course index, then you need to follow the below steps.
- First, you need to click on courses on your left navigation menu.
- Then you need to click on the “All courses” link.
- Lastly, you have to click on the “Browse more courses” button if you wish to get access to more courses.
Frequently asked questions:
Here are some frequently asked questions relevant to login issues.
Q# 1: Why is it that I get an error when logging in?
Ans: The most obvious reason for this might be when a user is using an incorrectly bookmarked link for logging in to Canvas. So what you should do in the URL for SJSU Canvas directly into the browser and bookmark it after logging into Canvas.
Q# 2: My password has stopped working, what should I do?
Ans: Know that your passwords expire every 180 days and if you don’t change the password after 180 days then it will expire. Then you have to create a new one by clicking here.
Q# 3: Where can I get technical support?
Ans: For any type of technical help, click here.
Q# 4: Are there tutorials available?
Ans: Yes, there are tutorials for students and instructors.
For instructors, click here.
For students, click here.
Other video tutorials are also available here.
So this was about everything that we were able to gather for you about the SJSU canvas. We think the SJSU canvas is an amazing initiative by the institute to bring ease and flexibility for students and instructors in learning and teaching respectively.