Master key brushstrokes that lie at the core of watercolor, oil, and acrylic painting.
- Best Seller by Udemy.com
- Created by Jill Poyerd
- 2,544 + students enrolled
- 432 Review available
- 6.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 34 downloadable resources
- Access on Mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
- Lifetime Access
- 30 days Money back guarantee
What You will Learn?
- Gain a thorough understanding of a broad range of brushstrokes
- Develop a toolbox of strokes for reference when creating works of art
- Learn how each brushstroke impacts form
- Learn the history behind brushstrokes and paint application
- Expand your creativity by increasing your knowledge base
- Understand how brushstrokes are affected by painting medium
Online Course Description:
Brushstrokes are at the core of being an artist, and an individual’s brushwork is one of the things that sets them apart from other artists. Using her approachable, easy-to-understand teaching method and lots of hands-on activities, artist Jill Poyerd breaks down historic and contemporary brushwork into twenty-two unique brushstrokes.
This course is part one of a two-part series and covers twelve of the twenty-two strokes. They are broken down by style of application and include a brief history, examples of how they’re used in masterpieces, visual demonstrations, and student practice exercises. By combining technical learning with visual and hands-on examples, students will gain a thorough understanding of each brushstroke variation. Part one covers invisible strokes, direct painting, strokes that use light amounts of paint, and strokes that use thick, impasto paint.
- Any level painter working in watercolor, oil, acrylic, or gouache.