You all know what a project manager is and what are his roles and responsibilities. It is true that being a project manager, you get to have a great career and earn a handsome amount of money. But you can’t deny the fact that having a PMP certification can take your career to a totally different side. Okay so now you know having a PMP certification is quite necessary. But do you know how having a PMP certification can influence your life as a project manager? It’s not like there won’t be any changes after upgrading your level right? Which means that you get to experience the most obvious and drastic change in your workplace.
In other words, nowadays, being just a project manager might not be enough for you. So that is why you need to up your game and do everything you can to become not just an ordinary project manager but a Certified Project Manager.
The PMP certification is offered by the PMI and is the de-facto standard for all the project managers globally. If not convinced by what we just said then know this that PMP is the Gold Standard of Project Management. Not just that, it is also known to be the most coveted project manager certification all over the world.
When you have such facts in front of you then this clearly shows how big a deal it is to get this certification. So let us take a look at how it influences your life as a project manager.
How can PMP certification Influence your life as a Project Manager?
- Project management certification is becoming a mandatory requirement for project managers in almost all organizations. So if you manage to become a PMP certified associate, then the following are the changes you’ll experience.
- You are going to experience plenty of growth options in your role as a project manager.
- Similarly, having this certification is what will set you apart from the rest of the project managers who don’t have this certification.
- Moreover, whatever the organization you’d like to go to, you will be given priority over others because of this certification.
- Similarly, from a work point of view, this certification will give you the skills to handle even such projects where stakeholders are from different parts of the world.
- Only because this certification is recognized globally, you can move to any organization in any part of the world without any problem. But of course, you need to prove that you’re a worthy certified project manager.
- Besides experiencing a drastic change in your career, you’ll also enjoy a handsome increase in your salary which you wouldn’t experience otherwise. This fact is true in every way because a PMP survey confirmed it by mentioning that PMP certified tends to earn 20% more than those who aren’t. So there is no doubt over the fact that you’ll make a lot of money out of it.
- On one side, you will have all the necessary skills to not just work efficiently but also make your teamwork well. This all will lead to the completion of projects within the given time and budget.
- Then on the other side, your organization is going to not only value your certification but you as well. It is because you will be giving them your knowledge and skills that will improve their goodwill. So it is a win-win situation for both you and your organization.
How can I become a certified PMP?
Becoming a certified PMP has its requirements as any other degree has. There are two types of scenarios here both are mentioned below:
- You need to have a 4-year bachelor’s degree.
- With that, 4500 hours of experience in leading and directing projects is compulsory.
- Lastly, you need to complete 35 hours of PMP certification training.
When you’re done with these requirements, you can start your preparation for the PMP exam.
Suppose if you don’t have a 4-year degree then the requirements change as well:
- Instead of a 4-year degree, a high school diploma also works.
- With that, you need experience in the project manager of at least 7500 hours.
We can, therefore, say that being a certified project manager has quite a lot of perks which are too good to be missed. So all you need to do is make up your mind and get to the road of becoming a certified project manager. PMP certification dumps are helpful for you to become a PMP certified or good project manager.