SharePoint is a widely used content management system offered by Microsoft. It was launched in the year 2001. It combines a variety of functions that are known to be traditionally separate applications. It includes;
- Content Management
- Document Management
- Personal Cloud Enterprise
- Web Content Management
- Enterprise Application Store
According to our research,
- Microsoft SharePoint has a market share of about 22.8%.
- There are 129,581 active companies using Microsoft SharePoint at present.
|Job Title||Average Salary|
|SharePoint Support Analyst||$105,936|
Best Paying SharePoint Job Roles
1. SharePoint Support Analyst
A SharePoint support analyst usually has to provide support for SharePoint 2013, 2016, 2019, and M365. He has to take care of tasks like mitigation, capability construction, working user requests, and incidents.
- A SharePoint support analyst has to research, design, develop, and modify enterprise-wide collaboration solutions.
- He has to do the planning of the system and development.
- He has to meet software compliance standards, evaluate all the operational requirements, and take care of the customer needs.
To become a SharePoint support analyst, you need a Bachelor’s degree in either IT or computer science, or any other related field. Having a Master’s degree in the relevant field can also add value to your resume.
- .Net, JSP
- Microsoft SCSM
- Visual Studio.net
- The average annual salary of a SharePoint Support Analyst working in the US is around $105,936.
2. SharePoint Designer
A SharePoint designer has to oversee the quality of the platform configuration and application code. He has to bring sustainability and evolution to the next platform generation. He also has to work with business users and client stakeholders.
- A SharePoint designer has to analyze requests from businesses and then formalize all requirements with a solid technical qualification.
- He establishes SharePoint solutions focusing approved web technologies.
- He has to create simple site customization and simple workflow processes.
- He has to work with business users and managers to document and analyze workflows.
A SharePoint designer must have a bachelor’s degree in computer science. With that, a Master’s degree relevant to IT, electrical engineering, or computer engineering is also preferred.
- Visual Studio
- Web Design
- SharePoint Designers working in the US can make an average annual salary of $107,894.
3. SharePoint Developer
SharePoint developer is an individual who has to design and develop several SharePoint websites with the help of a SharePoint designer or web UI developing tools. These types of individuals are given the task to create customized SharePoint solutions for front-end use.
- A SharePoint developer has to configure and customize SharePoint systems keeping in mind the requirements of the company.
- He has to build several scalable web applications.
- Similarly, he has to work with the design team to review all the application and website requirements.
- He has to develop new web components using XML, .NET, SQL, and C#
A SharePoint developer usually has a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or any other relevant field like computer engineering and IT. Having a Master’s degree is also preferred by some companies.
- Advanced Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
- SharePoint 2010 Certification
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer: Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (MCPD)
- Business Process
- SharePoint developers usually make around $108,385 a year.
- Intellezy Trainers via Udemy
- 7,379+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (1,498 Ratings)
- NPM Global Technologies via Udemy
- 6,201+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★☆ (1,062 Ratings)
4. SharePoint Consultant
A SharePoint consultant is an individual who has to provide the organization with solution planning, development and delivery, and architecture. He must be capable enough to architect a solution by mapping a customer business problem using an end-to-end technology solution. He even has to work closely with business stakeholders and technical teams and provide technical solutions. To enhance your SharePoint knowledge and skills, checkout the Best SharePoint Training Courses at takethiscourse platform.
- As a SharePoint consultant, it is your responsibility to conduct an analysis of the business process and create optimal solutions.
- You need to work side-by-side with team members and play your role in internal activities.
- Similarly, you need to develop and maintain current and new web-based applications which are specifically developed through SharePoint, Power BI, AngularJS, and Power SharePoint 2016 and 2019.
- Next, he has to perform an analysis for making sure that there is a minimal impact on the existing systems due to software changes.
If you want to become a SharePoint consultant then you must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Workflow And Applications (MCTS).
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS).
- Web Services
- Business Process
Average Annual Salary
- Working as a SharePoint consultant can help you earn an average annual salary of $111,179.
5. SharePoint Architect
A SharePoint architect is the one who has to work with SSL lines of development leads and IT workstream to design and implement a SharePoint solution. He has to design, develop, and test an external collaboration solution that is in accordance with the company’s regulations.
- A SharePoint architect has to collect, transform, validate, and map all the functional and non-functional requirements.
- He has to plan and architect the infrastructure integration.
- Similarly, he has to define solutions and architect custom code whenever required.
- He also has to set up the project environment.
- Bachelor’s in Information Systems or related field is required, but a Master’s degree is always preferred.
- SharePoint 2010 certification.
- Microsoft Certified solutions developer (MCSD).
- TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, application development (MCOD).
- Project Server deployment
- Microsoft Dynamics (CRM, ERP, etc.)
- The average annual salary of a SharePoint Architect working in the US is around $131,835.
- Coursera Project Network via Coursera
- 2 hours of effort required!
- Course Type: Intermediate
General Desired Skills:
To land a SharePoint job, there are some hard and soft skills as well that you must possess. Having these skills can help you stand tall in the crowd and work meticulously:
- You need to have excellent customer service skills.
- You must know how to migrate SharePoint content.
- You must know all about ServiceNow.
- You must have experience with the SPFx framework.
- Similarly, you must have a know-how of web-oriented concepts and technologies like REST APIs, HTML, AngularJS, AJAX, and BootstrapJS.
- Moreover, you must have to ability to solve complex software issues.
- You also need to be proficient with front-end programming languages.