An introduction to the intellectual enterprises of computer science and the art of programming.
- 4 weeks long
- Learn for FREE, Upgradable
- Taught by: David J. Malan, Zamyla Chan, Doug Lloyd
- View Course Syllabus
Online Course Details:
Students who earn a satisfactory score on 9 problem sets (i.e., programming assignments) and a final project are eligible for a certificate. This is a self-paced course–you may take CS50x on your own schedule.
HarvardX requires individuals who enroll in its courses on edX to abide by the terms of the edX honor code. HarvardX will take appropriate corrective action in response to violations of the edX honor code, which may include dismissal from the HarvardX course; revocation of any certificates received for the HarvardX course; or other remedies as circumstances warrant. No refunds will be issued in the case of corrective action for such violations. Enrollees who are taking HarvardX courses as part of another program will also be governed by the academic policies of those programs.
What you will learn:
- A broad and robust understanding of computer science and programming
- How to think algorithmically and solve programming problems efficiently
- Concepts like abstraction, algorithms, data structures, encapsulation, resource management, security, software engineering, and web development
- How to engage with a vibrant community of like-minded learners from all levels of experience
- How to develop and present a final programming project to your peers