- EIT Food | Queen’s University Belfast via FutureLearn
- Learn for FREE, Up-gradable
- Length: 5 Weeks
- Effort: 4 hours per week
- 1,198+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (5 Ratings)
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Language: English
Explore how technology and digitalisation can change how the food system operates, reducing waste and environmental pressures.
Food quality and safety is increasingly under threat as natural resources are stretched by climate change, hunger, and explosive population growth.
On this course, you’ll learn how the food sector can respond to these challenges by adopting innovative tech. You’ll discover how data-enabled technologies are becoming more accessible and affordable, driving a revolution in how the food business operates.
You’ll identify how these innovations can make the food chain and food systems more efficient and productive, allowing them to contribute to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Assess the issues in transitioning to a digitalised food system – economic, environmental, technical, political, welfare and market factors
- Identify the issues related to a sustainable and innovative food system which delivers the dietary needs of a rising population in a safe, sustainable and responsible way
- Explore the different technologies which can transform the food sector
- Develop an appreciation of the economic, environmental and health benefits which digital technology can offer the food system
- Lead and power learners to become innovative and make the food sector the forefront of innovation
Who is the course for?
This course would particularly appeal to professionals working in the agri-food sector, and entrepreneurs and enterprises looking to transform the food sector with technological advancements and new trends.
The Educators won’t be able to join the discussions themselves or respond to individual comments, but the course encourages a strong learning community. The learning is focused around debate and discussion – supporting other learners, sharing your own experience and knowledge, and listening to new perspectives. We hope that you will enjoy interacting with and learning from each other in this way.
Week 1: Precision Farming
Week 2: Manufacturing Technologies
Week 3: Food Sensing Technologies
Week 4: Personalised Nutrition and Consumer Engagement
Week 5: Management Perspectives
More Related Courses:
- EIT Food | Universita Degli Studi Di Torino via FutureLearn
- 4 Weeks (3 hours weekly) of effort required
- 13,789+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (93 Ratings)
- EIT Food | University of Reading via FutureLearn
- 3 Weeks (3 hours weekly) of effort required
- 3,181+ already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (44 Ratings)
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.