Comprehensive, Rigorous Prep for the SAT Verbal and Writing Sections
- Created by Jeff Kolby
- 614 + students enrolled
- 7 Review available
- 1 Hours on-demand videos
- 96 articles
- Access on Mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
- Lifetime Access
- 30 days Money back guarantee
What You will Learn?
The SAT Verbal Section is not easy–nor is this course. To improve your Verbal score, you must be willing to work. If you study hard and master the techniques in this course, your score will improve–significantly! What You will Learn?
Online Course Description:
Every year, students pay $1,000 and more to test prep companies to prepare for the verbal sections of the SAT. Now you can get the same preparation in an online course. Nova’s SAT Verbal Prep Course provides the equivalent of a 2-month, 50-hour course.
Although the SAT verbal sections are difficult, they are very learnable. Nova’s SAT Verbal Prep Course presents a thorough analysis of SAT verbal and introduces numerous analytic techniques that will help you immensely, not only on the SAT but in college as well.
With this course, you will soon master punctuation, grammar, and rhetoric, which will help you on all sections of the SAT. You will soon be able to understand how test writers choose and compose test questions. And you will soon be able to write top-scoring essays without breaking a sweat.
- Videos! Hundreds of videos explaining the text, examples, and exercises in step-by-step detail.
- Verbal: Develop the ability to spot places from which questions are likely to be drawn as you read a passage (pivotal words, counter-premises, etc.). Also, learn the 400 essential SAT words.
- Writing: Comprehensive analysis of the writing task, including writing techniques, punctuation, grammar, rhetoric, and style.
- Mentor Exercises: These exercises provide hints, insight, and partial solutions to ease your transition from seeing SAT problems solved to solving them on your own.
Who this course is for:
- High school students preparing for the SAT