Comprehensive, Rigorous Prep for the ACT Verbal and Writing Sections
- Created by Jeff Kolby
- 9 + students enrolled
- 64 Review available
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 63 articles
- 1 Practice Test
- Access on Mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
- Lifetime Access
- 30 days Money back guarantee
What You will Learn?
- The ACT Verbal Section is not easy–nor is this course. To improve your Verbal score, you must be willing to work. If you study hard and master the techniques in this course, your score will improve–significantly!
Online Course Description:
Every year, students pay $1,000 and more to test prep companies to prepare for the verbal sections of the ACT. Now you can get the same preparation in an online course. Nova’s ACT Verbal Prep Course provides the equivalent of a 2-month, 50-hour course.
Although the ACT verbal sections are difficult, they are very learnable. Nova’s ACT Verbal Prep Course presents a thorough analysis of ACT verbal and introduces numerous analytic techniques that will help you immensely, not only on the ACT but in college as well.
With this course, you will soon master punctuation, grammar, and rhetoric, which will help you on all sections of the ACT. You will soon be able to understand how test writers choose and compose test questions. And you will soon be able to write top-scoring essays without breaking a sweat.
- Videos! Hundreds of videos explaining the text, examples, and exercises in step-by-step detail.
- Verbal: Develop the ability to spot places from which questions are likely to be drawn as you read a passage (pivotal words, counter-premises, etc.). Also, learn the 400 essential ACT words.
- Writing: Comprehensive analysis of the writing task, including writing techniques, punctuation, grammar, rhetoric, and style.
- Mentor Exercises: These exercises provide hints, insight, and partial solutions to ease your transition from seeing ACT problems solved to solving them on your own.
Who is the target audience?
- High school students preparing for the ACT