Accelerate your skills to build a RESTful Web API with ASP.NET Core.
What You will Learn?
- Take a closer look at the redesigned ASP.Net 5
- Understand the REST basics and its constraints through real-life examples
- Walk through the building blocks of ASP.NET Web API with scenario-based examples
- Implement various data transfer operations and content negotiation
- Deploy security techniques in your application to avoid threats
- Be guided through advanced topics such as dependency Injection, API versioning, and HTTP caching to build a maintainable application
- Get tips and best practices to write better, highly scalable, and performant Web API services
Online Course Description:
Revolutionary changes in the mobile world introduced various type of devices such as smart phones, tablets, and IoT devices, all connected to a network based on a HTTP protocol and HTML 5. This lead to a big push to build REST-based services that expose data over HTTP with content negotiation techniques that can be seamlessly consumed by various devices with different platforms. ASP.NET Web API is the primary framework for .NET developers to build REST-based services using the latest standards and serve the growing need to expose data.
This course takes you on a journey right from the basics and explains the building blocks of Web API through an example application. Starting off with the basics, we discuss REST Constraints when designing an API with a change in the ASP.NET Core framework. Then we explore building blocks such as Routing, URI Controllers, HTTP verbs, and implement REST through examples.
As we move on, we’ll delve into some advanced key topics such as dependency injection, versioning, caching, and more to build a modular, testable and maintainable application. Then we consume the complete API using an MVC client and provide a quick overview of AngularJS Client.
Finally, we develop a Restful API using ASP.Net Core API. We wrap up with a few handy tips and best practices to make robust and scalable APIs. By the end of this course, you will have a thorough knowledge of Web API services and advanced features so you can easily get started.