Learn how to visualise your data using Tableau Desktop, guided by a Tableau Zen Master and Wannabe Data Rockstar.
- Created by Matt Francis
- 1,874 + students enrolled
- 254 Review available
- 4.5 Hours on-demand videos
- 9 Articles
- Access on Mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
- Lifetime Access
- 30 days Money back guarantee
What You will Learn?
- Create interactive data visualisations using Tableau that adhere to best practises
- Connect to datasets
- Re-shape and transform data sources into ones that are optimised for use in Tableau
- Understand the difference between blue and green pills
- Organise your data using Groups and Sets
- Create filters to enable you to visualise large data sets
- Enhance your data using calculated fields and parameters
- Understand the importance of picking the right colours
- Add extra detail to visualisations using shapes, sizes and labels
- Use tool tips to show extra details when needed
- Know the best chart types to use for your data
- Create bar charts
- Create Line charts
- Create scatterplots
- Create heatmaps
- Create histograms
- Create Maps
- Create Dual Axis Charts
- Create Line Charts
- Use the new visual analytics pane in Tableau 9 to quickly add reference lines, trend lines and forcasts
- Create dashboards that combine multiple sheets and allow interaction between them
- Tell a story by creating Tableau Story points.
Online Course Description:
- Do you have data that you want to see and understand?
- Do you want to create data visualisations?
- Do you want to know how to use the latest version of Tableau?
- Do you want to know data viz best practises from a Tableau Zen Master and dataviz expert?
- Do you want a step by step guide through the world or data visualisation?
If you answered yes to any of the above then this course is for you.
By taking this course you will learn how you can use Tableau to see and understand your data.
The course is structured in such as way as to guide you step by step through the process of visualising data with Tableau. We’ll begin with connecting to your data and understanding the structure. We’ll look at the best ways of visualising that data. We’ll look at ways to analyse the data using visual analytics. And we will put it all together into a fully interactive dashboard.
Using example datasets you will be able to follow along and each section has exercises that build on what you have learnt.Unlike other courses that just teach you how to use the interface, by taking his course you will learn not only how to create interactive visualisations using Tableau but also why. You will learn the most effective ways to present your data and best practises on when particular chart types should be used.
- This course is for anyone new to Tableau, or those that have a basic understanding and what to take it to the next level
- The course is structured so that no prior knowledge of Tableau is necessary but will also show experienced users new ways of using the software.