- 3-12 weeks long
- 10-12 hours per week
- Learn for FREE, Ugpradable
- Taught by: Mark Moran, Andre Taylor, Bernard McKenna, Ali Intezari, Nina Lansbury Hall, Saleem H. Ali, Jodie Curth-Bibb, Jeffrey D. Sachs, Sarah Glavey, Tim Grice, Erin Lord-Lynch
- View Course Syllabus
Online Course Details:
Are you working in the development sector and looking to take the next step in your career?
International and community development aims to reduce poverty and improve the living standards, health and quality of life for those who need it most. As our world and the challenges we face becomes more complex, we need qualified and skilled professionals to lead across sectors and organizations.
Balancing theoretical knowledge with practical skills, the Leadership in Global Development MicroMasters program provides the strong technical and management skills you need to tackle the most demanding and complex challenges in global development. This program certificate will demonstrate that you have the advanced skills international development agencies are increasingly demanding from their leaders and managers.
Through each course, you will learn how to analyse and respond effectively to complicated problems in development, viewing them from a range of different perspectives, and how to be an adaptive leader. After gaining a verified certificate for each of the four prerequisite courses, pass the Capstone Assessment and be awarded the MicroMasters program certificate in Leadership in Global Development.
Build on this credential and apply for UQ’s exclusive one year Master of Leadership in Global Development program. More information about this program, including the other entry requirements, is available via UQ.
- Development industry representatives have expressed the need for professionals who have both the contextual knowledge and the leadership skills to manage increasingly complex problems.
- The demand for development professionals in the private sector is also increasing.
- This innovative and multidisciplinary credential will set you apart from an increasingly competitive job market.
- Exciting career opportunities are available with multilateral and bilateral aid agencies, aid contractors, government departments, non-government organisations and mining and other private sector companies.
What You’ll Learn:
- An understanding of the prominent perspectives, trends, and challenges of leadership styles in development.
- Critical knowledge of the science, practice and policy of sustainable pathways to development.
- Skills in adaptive development practice, in finding local solutions to complex problems, and for scaling those solutions to improve policy.
- The ability to apply critical reasoning to the analysis of development-related issues.