Get a brief introduction to the C++ language from the experts at Microsoft.
- 4 weeks long
- 3-5 hours per week
- Learn for FREE, Upgradable
- Taught by: Kate Gregory, Gerry O’Brien, James McNellis
- View Course Syllabus
Online Course Details:
C++ is a general-purpose programming language that supports various computer programming models such as object-oriented programming and generic programming. It was created by Bjarne Stroustrup and, “Its main purpose was to make writing good programs easier and more pleasant for the individual programmer.”*
By learning C++, you can create applications that will run on a wide variety of hardware platforms such as personal computers running Windows, Linux, UNIX, and Mac OS X, as well as small form factor hardware such as IoT devices like the Raspberry PI and Arduino–based boards.
(Bjarne Stroustrup, The C++ Programming Language, Third Edition. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley, 1997).
What you will learn:
- C++ Syntax
- C++ Language Fundamentals
- How to Create Functions in C++
- Prepare yourself for intermediate and advanced C++ topics in follow-up courses taught by Microsoft