Learn how to use PMBoK (R) Processes to intiate your project in real life
- Created by Bayhas Al Sawady
- 453 + students enrolled
- 17 Review available
- 40 mins on-demand video
- 5 articles
- 2 downloadable resources
- Access on Mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
- Lifetime Access
- 30 days Money back guarantee
What You will Learn?
- Define what a project is, and distinguish it from operations.
- Learn how to initiate a project properly.
- Learn how to secure the required authority for the project manager to utilize resources for the project.
- Understand the key documents and processes with respect to project initiation.
- Learn how to create the Project Charter and Stakeholder Register & their key inputs.
Online Course Description:
You have been hired by “Queen University” to manage a strategy formulation project.
As per the Ministry of Higher Education, every university must formulate a strategic plan covering the next 3-5 years. This strategy should be fully aligned with the national higher education strategy, as well as the whole country’s vision called “the 2020 vision”.
The Project Initiation Phase is the first phase in the Project Management Life Cycle. You have to start a new project by defining its objectives, high level scope, purpose and deliverables to be produced.
In this practical course, based on a case study and scenarios, you will learn how to initiate a project properly to secure the needed authority for you, to start using the organizational resources for your project.
As a Project Manager, you should be able to answer the following questions in the initiation phase of the project:
- Why this project?
- Is it feasible?
- Who are possible partners in this project?
- What should the results be?
- What is the scope of the project and what is out of the scope?
Whether you are a Project Manager or are going to take the PMP Exam soon, this course is ideal for you as it is a practical scenario-based course, assuming you are to manage a specific project and shows in detail what you should do to initiate it step by step.
The course contents are fully aligned with the PMBOK 5, and useful for Project Managers and PMP Certification seekers.
The course has beeb narrated by a professional voice-over talent.