- WageningenX University & Research via edX
- 264,314+ already enrolled!
- 128 hours of effort required
- Course Type: Self-paced
In this Professional Certificate program, taught by prof. Sander Kersten, a leading global expert in the field of nutrition, you will learn how to analyze and interpret the information overload about nutrition and health to help build a healthier lifestyle for you and/or your patients. You will learn about the composition of macro- and micronutrients, their role in the body, and their impact on our health. You will get a sound understanding of energy homeostasis and the regulation of bodyweight. Also, you will learn about health problems related to overnutrition and undernutrition. You will learn strategies to improve nutritional status, and combat overnutrition and undernutrition based on scientific knowledge.
- How nutrition impacts health
- Introduction to the field of nutrition and food
- Basic chemistry and composition of food, their role in the body and their impact on health
- How to better weigh and interpret the information overload about nutrition and health
- Skills needed to effectively assess, design and implement dietary strategies and nutritional therapy at a basic level.
- Evita Ochel via Udemy
- 4,616 already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (840 Ratings)
- Dr. Karen E Wells via Udemy
- 730 already enrolled!
- ★★★★★ (109 Ratings)
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.