A practical guide to mastering functional programming in ES6 from the perspective of building real-world applications.
We have given a detailed review of this course below for our readers but just wanted to highlight some points:
- 240+ students enrolled
- 34 Review available
- 3 Hours on-demand videos
- 1 Supplemental Resource
- Access on Mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
- Lifetime Access
- 30 days Money back guarantee
What You will Learn?
- Discover the principles of functional programming
- Learn the benefits and drawbacks of functional programming compared to other styles
- Learn the language constructs of ES6 that are used for functional programming
- Write elegant code with chaining and context binding
- Understand function composition and function sequencing in depth
- Learn about higher order functions with a special emphasis on map, reduce, and filter
- Translate SQL queries into chained map and reduce calls
- Learn currying and partial application in practice
- Learn recursion, tail-call optimization, and the role of accumulator variables
- Experiment with optimization techniques combating the performance drawbacks of functional programming
- Map out a plan for how to continue after the course
Online Course Description:
You will experience the benefits of functional programming even if your code is not purely functional. In this course, you will learn the building blocks that act as a utility belt in your arsenal, enabling you to write code that’s easy to understand, extend, test, and debug. You will get hands-on practice on how to use currying, partial evaluation, map, reduce, filter, recursion, and other functional programming concepts in ES6.
About the Author
Zsolt Nagy is a web development team lead, mentor, and software engineer living in Berlin, Germany. As a software engineer, Zsolt continuously challenges himself to stick to the highest possible standards when improving his own knowledge. The best way of learning is to create a meaningful product on the way. Until you reach this state, the second best way of learning is to share with others what you learned and how you structure your thoughts.
Zsolt is an author of the book and video course ES6 in Practice, introducing you to all meaningful features of ES6. He is also an author of the book The Developer’s Edge – How to Double Your Career Speed with Soft-Skills.