- 8 weeks long
- 10-12 hours per week
- Learn for FREE, Ugpradable
- Taught by: Bo Yuan, Yin Pan, Jonathan S. Weissman
- View Course Syllabus
Online Course Details:
The Cybersecurity Capstone is specifically designed to provide a platform for verified learners to practice the hands-on cybersecurity skills and techniques studied in the courses of the RITx Cybersecurity MicroMasters program. It also includes the evaluation of the competencies and performance tasks that enable professional cybersecurity success.
Before enrolling in the Cybersecurity Capstone, you must successfully complete and pass the four courses in the RITx Cybersecurity MicroMasters program as a verified learner. Upon successful completion of the Cybersecurity Capstone, you will receive the Cybersecurity MicroMasters certificate.
During the Cybersecurity Capstone, you will perform a set of hands-on lab exercises in a web-based virtual environment. Below are the requirements to successfully access the virtual environment:
- A desktop or laptop computer with a webcam
Minimal network latency to RIT’s Main Campus (200ms or less). To test latency, ping 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168
The areas of hands-on lab activities include, but are not limited to:
- Basic systems and network services such as firewall, DNS, DHCP, Wireshark
- Digital forensics investigation with tools such as Encase, FTK, and Volatility Framework network security related tools such as port scanning, Snort, and Metasploit, etc.
- The lab activities will be assessed by sets of questions, lab reports, and a proctored exam using the edX platform.