- 3 weeks long
- 2 hours per week
- Learn for FREE, Ugpradable
- Taught by: Nicholas Patterson, Matthew Warren
- View Course Syllabus
Online Course Details:
Discover what common cyber threats and attacks face small and medium enterprises, and what you can do to prevent them.Almost daily we hear about cyber attacks on large organisations, but we rarely hear much about similar attacks on small and medium enterprises. This doesn’t mean that they’re not happening.
In this course, you’ll explore some of the common cyber threats facing small and medium enterprises, what a cyber attack means, and what practical tools and strategies you can put in place to prevent them.
Learn from cyber security experts
Deakin University has been providing cyber security education since 2007. Our experts are active researchers and engaged in partnerships with leading industry bodies such as Dimension Data Learning Solutions, which ensures we develop our students’ real-world cyber security knowledge and skills.
What topics will you cover?
- the Panama Papers, a real cyber attack
- cyber threats and the methods that hackers use
- consequences of cyber attacks for small and medium enterprises
- tools and preventative strategies that you can put in place to protect your organisation.
Who is the course for?
This course has been designed for anyone working in small or medium enterprises or who has an interest in learning more about identifying cyber threats and preventing potential attacks. The learning covered is relevant to those both with or without an IT background.