- 4 weeks long
- 3-5 hours per week
- Learn for FREE, Up-gradable
- Taught by: Bart Vanneste, Associate Professor
- View Course Syllabus
Online Course Details:
Corporate strategy is the strategy a firm uses to compete across multiple businesses. Many small firms want to grow by entering new businesses. Many large firms already are in multiple businesses, e.g. a photo camera producer selling also sunglasses. We developed this course to help you make good corporate strategy decisions. Of the many decisions a firm has to make, corporate strategy decisions are among the most consequential.
We will look at these key corporate strategy decisions:
– Diversification: How and which businesses should your firm enter?
– Divestiture: How and from which businesses should your firm exit?
– Corporate HQ: How should we organize corporate headquarters to create value across the different businesses?