Enhance your writing skills as you learn how to craft clear, effective messages to better communicate in a business environment.
- 4 weeks per course
- 3-5 hours per week, per course
- Learn for FREE, Up-gradable
- Taught by: Margaret Steen, Tim Peters
- View Course Syllabus
Online Course Details:
Whether you are writing an email to your boss or a letter to the editor, being able to craft your argument clearly and persuasively is essential. Employers today are looking for professionals who can clearly communicate messages across multiple channels.
This Professional Certificate program will build your confidence as you learn how to improve your writing organization, logic, and style to get your point across eloquently and quickly. You will delve into the details of the writing process and learn how to identify an audience, choose the best structure, and revise and edit early drafts of your work.
You will then focus on effective business writing for emails, letters, memos, short reports and more. Lastly, you will learn how to craft clear, concise messages for specific content and audiences on social media.
This program will arm you with the in-demand skills needed for all professionals.
- Soft skills, such as writing and communication, are scarce and in demand across nearly every occupation, even in technical fields. (Source: Burning Glass Technologies, The Human Factor, 2015).
- Employers face a big challenge in filling the gap for these soft skills, leading to many opportunities for growth and advancement in companies.
The Writing Process
- A guide to the writing process. Learn and practice strategies for writing and revising effective business documents.
Effective Business Writing
- Learn best practices and approaches to writing effective business letters, emails, and reports. Format, composition, and clarity are emphasized.
Writing for Social Media
- This course provides a framework for writing for social media by focusing on purpose, content and audiences, helping you be more effective at using these powerful platforms to deliver your messages.
What You’ll Learn:
- Write effective emails, letters, memos, reports.
- Identify grammatical and punctuation problems in your writing.
- Analyze a writing situation and determine the appropriate communication strategy, format, style, and content.
- Organize information and ideas logically, efficiently, and effectively.