Learn a proven, systematic approach to the art of effective, persuasive business and financial writing.
- Best Seller by Udemy.com
- Created by Starweaver Group
- 2,713 + students enrolled
- 335 Review available
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 66 downloadable resources
- Access on Mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
- Lifetime Access
- 30 days Money back guarantee
What You will Learn?
- You’ll be able to compose clear, concise communications.
- You’ll be able to improve readability of your documents.
- You’ll be able to better organize your ideas and thoughts.
- You’ll be able to create more effective emails.
- You’ll be able to increase the speed and productivity of digital, written, and oral communication.
Online Course Description:
Business Writing Immersion covers a proven, systematic approach to the art of effective, persuasive business and financial writing. Using 12 steps and almost 60 practical techniques, the course works through from initial writing analysis to final copy, producing documents that succeed every time. For each writing technique, the course provides tutorial with exercises and thoughtful answers. Special instructions help professionals for whom English is a second language. Advanced techniques help teams write long documents such as proposals.
Each step of the course consists of videos, supplemental PDF documents that will allow you to follow along with the instructor, and an e-book extract that pertains to the segment being covered in the video for reference. There are 38 video modules for this course, including supplemental materials, averaging approximately 7-10 minutes each.
In addition, a section for Writing Professional Emails is added as an appendix, and a new section for ESL is included as well, covering tenses, verbiage, and tone.
A breakdown of materials is as follows:
- Introduction & Overview
- Step 1 – Analyze Purpose
- Step 2 – Analyze Audience
- Step 3 – Writing the Purpose Statement
- Step 4 – Gathering information
- Step 5 – Writing the sentence outline
- Step 6 – Writing the draft
- Step 7 – Revising content and organization
- Step 8 – Editing for coherence
- Step 9 – Editing for clarity
- Step 10 – Editing for economy
- Step 11 – Editing for readability
- Step 12 – Conclusion and final thoughts
- Appendix B – Tips for writing emails
- Appendix C – ESL Articles, Attitude and Approach, and Tenses
- This course is intended for any level of participant, from recent college graduate, to the experienced executive, and everyone in between. It can be used as an immersion training, or as a brush-up of skills.