Advance your career by learning how to effectively lead complex, modern organisations.
- 3-10 weeks long
- 8-10 hours per week
- Learn for FREE, Ugpradable
- Taught by: Richard O’Quinn, Bernard McKenna, Terrance Fitzsimmons, Tyler G. Okimoto
- View Course Syllabus
Online Course Details:
Business leadership is more than just a fancy job title and a corner office. Effective leadership requires a deep understanding of the organisation; the people who run it; the context in which it operates; and perhaps most importantly, self-insight. By building these competencies, the Business Leadership MicroMasters program prepares both emerging and experienced managers for facing the challenges of leadership.
Each course in the MicroMasters program integrates current academic theories with the wisdom of experienced leaders, providing a learning experience that can’t be accomplished in the classroom alone. The objective: empower learners with the knowledge and skill to act effectively as leaders.
This MicroMasters program is intended for people who are interested in becoming effective leaders within their organization. This program and capstone project will teach you the skills needed to inspire your colleagues and to evolve your business.
- More than 80% of responding employers say they look for leadership skills and the ability to work in a team on a candidate’s resume (Source: NACE’s Job Outlook 2016 Survey).
- Over 500,000 jobs in US (requiring a master’s degree) looking for candidates with the following skills – leadership, decision making, teamwork / collaboration, management, and change management. (Source: BurningGlass).
- In-demand jobs seeking leadership skills include software engineers, account managers, business analysts, marketing managers, and sales managers.
What You’ll Learn:
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of various leadership styles, and gain insight into your own leader tendencies.
- Improve your ability to lead complex modern organisations by developing your decision-making skills.
- Better engage your people, and develop more collaborative teams.
- Navigate the broader social issues and political pressures impacting your business.
- Lead more effective change initiatives in your organization