- 12 weeks long
- 8-10 hours per week
- Learn for FREE, Ugpradable
- Taught by: Daniel Guetta, Hardeep Johar, Vineet Goyal, Kamel Jedidi, Asim Ansari, Costis Maglaras
- View Course Syllabus
Online Course Details:
Columbia’s Micro-Masters program in Business Analytics will empower learners with the skills, insights and understanding to improve business performance using data, statistical and quantitative analysis, and explanatory and predictive modelling to help make actionable decisions.
The curriculum is designed to provide learners with a series of courses that emphasizes the use of statistical analysis, computing tools, and mathematical models to predict the outcomes of various business decisions, and identify the best implementation.
- The use of business analytics has grown exponentially in all areas, including healthcare, government, retail, e-commerce, media, manufacturing, and the service industry.
- The result is an increased need for employees with an analytical approach to management who can utilize data, understand statistical and quantitative models, and are able to make better data-driven business decisions.
- Career prospects include business analyst, business intelligence analyst, business development manager, market research analyst, marketing intelligence analyst, digital marketing manager, chief operating officer, strategist, and chief marketing officer.
- We also expect successful learners to gravitate toward start-up organizations.
What You’ll Learn:
- Apply methods, tools, and software for acquiring, managing/storing, and accessing structured and unstructured data
- Prepare data for statistical analysis, perform basic exploratory and descriptive analysis, and apply statistical techniques to analyze data
- Apply descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics to business modeling and decision-making
- Demonstrate orally, and in writing, the ability to explain complex analytical models and results