- 3 weeks long
- 2 hours per week
- Learn for FREE, Ugpradable
- Taught by: Tomasz Bednarz, Kerrie Mengersen
- View Course Syllabus
Online Course Details:
Many datasets can provide solutions to important problems and inform decisions. However, the size, complexity, quality and diversity of these datasets make them difficult to process and analyse. Join us and we’ll share new technological or methodological solutions you can use to meet the demand for analytics in your field.
We will introduce big data and some of the statistical and mathematical approaches for analysing it. Then we explore the power of big data and the process of getting from data to decisions before you use some of the tools available for storing and managing large datasets.
What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to big data, its applications and the job roles involved
- Types of data and its sources
- The big data lifecycle
- The role of analysis and how big data is used to inform decision making
- Common issues in big data analytics
- Methods for collecting, storing, managing and processing big data
- The big data ecosystem, its common tools, frameworks and platforms including Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), MapReduce, Apache Pig and Apache Spark
Who is the course for?
Our course is open to anyone with an interest in big data and is essential if you’re looking to add big data analytics to your skill set. A basic knowledge of software engineering, statistics and mathematics will help you gain the most from this learning experience.