- Queensland University of Technology via Future Learn
- Learn for FREE, Up-gradable
- 6 hours of effort required
Through data visualisations we are able to draw conclusions from data that are sometimes not immediately obvious and interact with the data in an entirely different way.
This course will provide you with an informative introduction to the methods, tools and processes involved in visualising big data. We will also take the time to examine briefly the use of visualisation throughout history dating back as far as 17000 BC.
What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to visualisation
- Information visualisation
- Scientific visualisation
- Visualisation tools
- Design approaches for visualisation
- Visualisation for communication
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Explore big data frameworks
- Demonstrate an integrated approach to big data
- Develop an awareness of how to participate effectively in a team working with big data experts
Who is the course for?
We have designed the course for people from different fields who want to learn how to produce visualisations that help us better understand real-world big data problems. You will gain the most from the practical exercises if you are comfortable with computer programming however you don’t need to have any prior experience using the software listed below.
What software or tools do you need?
We will use a variety of tools so that you become comfortable engaging with different software and confident trialing new packages to find those that best meet your needs. Please review the product websites below to ensure your system meets the minimum requirements for the tools we will be using.
- Tableau: You can use the free trial for a period of 2 weeks. Please do not start the trial until you are ready to do the Tableau exercises.
- MATLAB Online: MathWorks will provide you with a license to use MATLAB online for the duration of the course.
You can still learn effectively even if you don’t have access to all of these tools as you will be able to see what they can do for you.
More Related Courses:
What is Data Science?
IBM Corporation via Coursera
9 hours of effort required
250,052+ already enrolled!
★★★★★ (31,765 Ratings)
Big Data Modeling and Management Systems
The University of California, San Diego via Coursera
13 hours of effort required
47,475+ already enrolled!
★★★★★ (2,363 Ratings)
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.