Get into serverless computing with API Gateway, AWS Lambda and other Amazon Web Services! Zero server config APIs & SPAs.
We have given a detailed review of this course below for our readers but just wanted to highlight some points:
- Declared Best Seller at udemy.com
- 11,290+ students enrolled
- 1,577 Review available
- 7.5Hours on-demand videos
- 27 Articles
- 51 Supplemental Resource
- Access on Mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
- Lifetime Access
- 30 days Money back guarantee
Most attractive feature is 30 days Money Back Guarantee means there is no risk. If you didn’t like this online course, you can refund your money back within next 30 days.
What You will Learn?
- Build, secure and run APIs without managing any servers using AWS API Gateway and Lambda
- Host SPAs without managing any servers
- Add user authentication to serverless applications
- Run code on-demand in the cloud
Online Course Details:
Serverless computing will shape the future of web development since it allows you to get rid of many issues “traditional” web hosting poses. Now’s the time to dive into this exciting new technology!
Unlike in traditional web hosting, where you spin up servers, configure them and then deploy your code, in serverless applications, you don’t manage any servers! Instead, you only provide your code and define when it should get executed. Done!
Without managing any servers, you typically pay way less (since you got no overhead capacity), can react much better to incoming traffic spikes and don’t have to worry about server security!
For these very reasons, it’s no wonder that serverless computing is on the rise, with more and more companies adopting it! Learn it now to gain an edge and either use it for your own projects or apply for high-paid jobs!
What does this course offer then?
This course will introduce you to serverless computing and then quickly dive into how to build serverless apps with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Specifically, you will learn:
- how you can build a REST API without worrying about servers, using AWS API Gateway
- to set up your on-demand code via AWS Lambda
- how to execute that Lambda code whenever incoming requests reach your defined REST endpoints
- how you can store data in a database – naturally without managing any database servers!
We won’t stop there though! Instead, you’ll then dive even deeper into serverless computing and learn:
- how you can add user authentication to your existing frontend apps and how you can then also protect your REST API against unauthenticated access with ease!
- how you can easily integrate a complete user sign up & sign in flow (including user confirmation) into ANY app (web app, iOS or Android app!) with AWS Cognito
- how to deploy your web app in a serverless manner
- how to speed up the delivery of your static web app assets
- how to secure your serverless app
- what else you can build with the services covered in this course and which other services might be interesting to you
- where to dive deeper regarding advanced development workflows
- and much more!
Is this course for you?
Now that you know what this course offers, is it the right choice for you? Which skills should you bring?
This course is absolutely the right choice for you if you’re interested in providing great web applications without worrying about the provisioning of servers.
It’s also the right choice if you already got experience as a system administrator but are interested in keeping up with the latest developments and the many new possibilities serverless computing offers.
You will need some basic AWS knowledge, or the willingness to dive deeper into AWS alongside taking this course. Additionally, a credit card is required for signing up to AWS.
Finally, you should be familiar with APIs and SPAs (Single-Page-Applications) and which role they play in today’s web development environment. You don’t need to know how to create them though.