- 3-7 weeks long
- 8-10 hours per week
- Learn for FREE, Up-gradable
- Taught by: Pavel Pevzner, Daniel Kane, Alexander S. Kulikov, Michael Levin, Neil Rhodes, Phillip Compeau
- View Course Syllabus
Online Course Details:
This Micro Masters program is a mix of theory and practice: you will learn algorithmic techniques for solving various computational problems through implementing over one hundred algorithmic coding problems in a programming language of your choice.
No other online course in Algorithms even comes close to offering you a wealth of programming challenges that you may face at your next job interview. To prepare you, we have invested thousands of hours designing challenges as an alternative to multiple choice questions that you usually find in MOOCs. We believe in learning through application, especially when it comes to learning algorithms.
For each algorithm you develop and implement, we have designed multiple tests to check its correctness and running time — you will have to debug your programs without even knowing what these tests are! It may sound difficult, but we believe it is the only way to truly understand how the algorithms work and to master the art of programming.
- The median salary for Software Development jobs in the US is $102,280 per year (source: Bureau of Labour Statistics)
- Career prospects include software engineer, data scientist, and site reliability engineer.
What You’ll Learn:
- Understand essential algorithmic techniques and apply them to solve algorithmic problems
- Implement programs that work in less than one second even on massive datasets
- Test and debug your code even without knowing the input on which it fails
- Formulate real life computational problems as rigorous algorithmic problems
- Prove correctness of an algorithm and analyze its running time